Re: Abortion

On July 19th, Caitlin Burnette posted an article called "The A-Word" discussing the contrary beliefs of abortion. She discusses how she's somewhat in the middle of pro life and pro choice and talks about the times she feels abortion would be valid.

Personally, I loved that she chose such a controversial topic to write about. I think as women abortion such a huge thing in our lives, regardless of if we are ever in that situation or not. I've always been back and forth with my opinions about abortion, but I definitely agree with her for the most part. I have a similar love for children, and I couldn't imagine anyone not letting a child live their life. I am around children all the time and they honestly light up my life, I can't wait to have my own someday. That being said, I am not ever going to judge someone for getting an abortion, even if they are different circumstances than the ones she mentioned, although I wouldn't personally go through with one myself. Rape and harm to the mother and two completely valid reasons to have an abortion. With rape, there could be dangers from the father trying to be involved in the child's life, as well as honestly the mother having a harder time emotionally raising the child. Harm to the mother could result in the mother dying and not even being able to raise the child she had. Though a hard choice, either way, I agree that if the child is harming the mother and she wants to get an abortion, she should have the right to do so. 


I believe abortion is going to continue to be a controversial topic for years to come, and the government is going to continue to have a big say in how the legality of abortions will change throughout time, for better or for worse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Killers of Us All

If Dr. Trump Were Your Surgeon